Acting and Career Coach; Filmmaker
Copyright © 2011 Maria Capp Acting Studio. All Rights Reserved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Certified Acting Coach
Ivana Chubbuck Studio
- Teach a two system approach combining WORD DETECTIVE (tm) and 12 Step Chubbuck Method; providing the student actor with a concrete foundation in character development and script analysis.
- Workshops and private coaching for parents and students preparing for college admissions. Learn 7 Secrets to being accepted to the best BA and BFA Theatre programs in the country.
- Workshops and private coaching for college graduates transitioning into the workplace including: Learn how to find, create and land your job: do's and don'ts for the interview, identifying your circle of influence, and creating strategic resumes and cover letters.
"Purpose is about taking the focus off of you and your self-interests,
and serving others in some way."
-- Dr. Wayne W. --
- Teach character development and introduction to script analysis using the technique developed by Maria Capp, Word Detective tm
- Coach audition preparation: Intense and personalized coaching for the serious individual preparing for college admissions, conservatory training, and professional auditions including on-camera and cold reading.
- Direct and produce teen workship productions: musical, dramatic and comedic ffrom one-acts to full theatrical productions.
- Advocate for Arts in Education: Previous Board member for Kids for Kids Productions, Inc., NYSTEA and EdTA
- Watch your thoughts; they become words.
- Watch your words; they become actions.
- Watch your actions; they become habits.
- Watch your habits; they become character.
- Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Maria has been actively involved in entertainment and the arts for over 20 years. Her multi-disciplinary expertise includes work as a director, producer, entrepreneur, and acting coach. She has served as an advocate, speaker, committee and board member for such organizations as the Youth Biz Alliance, NYSTEA, EdTA, BOCES - Arts in Education, and Kids for Kids Productions.
In 2012 Maria formed Cappricielli Inc., a multi-faceted production company that creates a wide array of entertaining and socially conscious film, video, web, and music content. As CEO of Cappricielli Productions, she has co-produced the award-winning music video, SO WHAT (International Family Film Festival, Dances With Films, Rahway Film Festival and The Hollywood and Vine Film Festival) and the feature film THE BANDIT HOUND, starring Lou Ferrigno, Cathryn Bell and Judd Nelson; written her own web-series, AND BROTHER MAKES THREE; and directed and produced the short film, TAKING A CHANCE ON LOVE, which was accepted into the esteemed Dances With Films festival. She produced the award-winning music video HURRICANE performed by artist RAFFAELA. HURRICANE won for Best Music Video Award and Grand Jury Award for an Artist Performance in the 2016 Hollywood & Vine Film Festival.
Maria currently has several projects in various stages of development, including the award-winning feature, REACH, awarded Best Feature Screenplay in The Hollywood & Vine Film Festival. She is currently in post-production for REACH, starring Garrett Clayton (Hairspray: Live), Jordan Doww, and Joey Bragg (Liv & Maddie). She is near completion on the documentary film, FIND AN IDENTITY which she has written and directed. FIND AN IDENTITY was the winner at The Hollywood & Vine Film Festival for best sizzle reel and script. Interest from a variety of education distributors as well as PBS KCLS to air during mental health month and suicide prevention month.